Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Officially PiYo Strength Certified!

Well it's official I am a certified PiYo Strength instructor! PiYo Strength is relatively new and just starting to catch on, so chances are you are wondering what it is.  PiYo Stregth is a hybrid, athletic workout inspired by the mind/body practices of yoga and Pilate's, as well as the principles of sports stretch, strength training, conditioning and dynamic movement. 
I love this format because it's set to really fun music and is an awesome workout!  I was pretty nervous to take the class because I am a naturally tight person and have never been very flexible.  After my accident, I'm even less flexible and still in a good amount of pain.  These factors are why I ultimately decided to become certified in PiYo Strength.  I currently do a lot of interval training and martial arts training but it's really hard on the body and I didn't want to put my body through the stress of teaching those types of classes.  I knew it was unrealistic for where I am physically right now.  I felt that PiYo Strength could increase my flexibility, help me strengthen and hopefully help me progress in my healing some. 
The weekend of the training I was sick and woke up that morning really bummed out.  I almost didn't go but it was the only class currently on the schedule in Washington, so this was my one chance.  I  arrived at the class and there were 20 people getting certified and our instructor, Jenn,  I could instantly tell that she had an awesome vibe and I could tell she was going to make what was going to be a long and challenging day somehow easier. 

Many of the people there were already certified in various things and already teaching classes.  Some were Beachbody coaches and others were not.  I ended up meeting  a lot of really great people and leaving with some new friends :)  The class was 8 hours long and was split between learning some theory and business from the manual and learning our first routine.  It was extremely physical and being sick was, to say the least not ideal.  It took every ounce of what I had to make it through the whole 8 hours and I'm happy to report that I PASSED!!!  I definitely pushed myself well past empty but I am so thrilled to have gotten through it!  Now it will be time to practice practice practice!  Once I get myself healthy again I am going to go at it hard so I can start teaching classes ASAP!  I can't even wait to stating teaching my own classes .... I'm already thinking of ways to make them really fun!  Once I get up and rolling I will be posting my schedule on here so check back in for details.  Also, if you sign up to receive my blog via email, you will receive my class schedule as well. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment