Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Making BIG decisions!

Let me ask you this .... Have you ever had to make some really big and scary decisions that were life changing?  Have you ever had to consider the worst case "what if" scenarios?  Have you ever had to determine if someone had to be your voice, who it would be?
Of course it's something we all should think about, but it's also something you often don't think about unless you are forced to. 
This was my first time filling out one of these.  Have you ever filled on out?


It's a pretty humbling time to picture yourself in trouble and determine in writing what you would want for yourself.  It's also a very odd feeling at the same time because much of my personal development has been to release control and live in the moment and this is asking me to create scenarios that may never become real.  There are actually two different roads you can take in this form.  One where YOU make all of your decisions and they must be obeyed and the other you appoint someone you trust to make the decisions if need be. 
I find it interesting to think that I could make a sound decision, before the situation even exists, but when it matters most I would be unconscious .... seems a little odd but some people want to make sure their wishes are carried out.  Shoot most people won't even donate their organs after they die! 

I find it comforting to know that I have someone I trust to listen to all of the information possible and make the best decisions based on that.  I mean that's quite a thing to have to ask someone too!  "Would you be willing to end my life if need be?"  You hope of course it never comes to that but it's still a conversation you have to have ... a very real conversation! 
When you are faced with major decisions and conversations like this, you're reminded of how fragile life is.  It's a total blessing because you are reminded to make everyday special and leave your mark in some way.  Don't let one day go by without doing something special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment