Wednesday, March 25, 2015

First Strong in Seattle Fit Club

 
Today was the launch of my first Strong in Seattle Fit Club.  I chose a week day, so only one friend could make it.  I know that would get some people down but it didn't bother me!  I think it will be cool to have a picture of the first fit club with one person, and see where it goes from here!  I'm planning to do one week day activity and one weekend one, so everyone has a chance to make it!  Here's to my very first Fit Club!


This all started because as many of you know, I've set a big hairy scary stretch goal for September! I'll be going on a 3 day, 18 mile, camping hike at The Enchantments in WA.  It's the trip of a lifetime and I'm super excited.  With that being said, I did just donate 1/2 my liver 2 months ago, so I have some training to do!  I decided to get in some weekly training, besides my normal workouts, to get me ready.  I have a great book of local hikes that I love to go to!  I'm working to get through as many of them as I can, I have a lot of exploring to do :)  I also found a really cool book at the book store with stair walks all over Seattle.  I thought what better way to train then lots of stairs, time in nature and exploring the city all at the same time! 


Today we took on Ravenna Park, which is in North Seattle.  We did just around 2 miles (although we got a little turned around so we may have thrown in some extra credit!)  It was a great mix of stairs, walking and nature.  We couldn't believe that we were actually in the middle of a major city ... one of the many things I love about Seattle!  On our 2 mile loop, we tackled about 118 stairs down and around 264 up.  Talk about a great lower body workout!  We also saw some really cool historical stuff on our journey.  It's hard to call this working out ... even though it is!  Gotta love that :)

 
 
 
If you live in the Seattle area, and you'd like more info on my free Strong in Seattle Fit Club, send me an email at heatherchristine312@gmail.com
 
Come workout, get healthy and have a great time with some really fun people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment