Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Setting an Epic Stretch Goal

Have you ever had one of those years where you just KNOW it's going to be a HUGE year for you?  You can just really feel that big things are about to happen?  Well I am on the verge of one of those years and I'm super stoked about it.  I'm even more excited to share it with all of you, in hopes of inspiring and motivating as many people as possible to do some really cool stuff! 

The year started out with a life saving journey, I mean what a way to kick of 2015!!  As many of you know, I donated a portion of my liver to my step dad on 1/26/15.  I knew that this would greatly impact my life, but I didn't and still don't fully know to what level.  What I do know is, SO many blessings have already come my way since this all began.  I have met and connected with so many incredible people.  Complete strangers that reached out and donated money to my Go Fund me page or sent kind words to support me on my adventure!  Hundreds of people danced for me, followed my progress and posted daily to motivate me ... I was just completely blown away!  It's because of all the support, my commitment to my health and my drive to be balanced mind, body and spirit - that I've been able to recover so quickly!


It's mid March and by the end of this month, my liver will be for the most part, fully regenerated.  Wow the body is so amazing isn't it!!  I'm feeling stronger, healthier and more alive everyday!  I feel like I'm radiating with positivity, love and great karma it's totally awesome :)  I feel like setting some big - stretch goals to see what I can do this year! 

6 weeks post surgery, and I'm easing back into my workouts, but also pushing myself enough to make sure I know where my limits are.  I'm setting my sights towards the end of the summer and I'm setting a really EPIC goal. 

My bestie, Meg, won a lottery spot to hike the Enchantments in WA.  She's been wanting to do this for a few years and this is the year it's meant to be!  I'm setting a goal to take this hike with her, and 7 other homies, to celebrate her birthday!  It's the beginning of Sept. so this is a stretch goal for me but I think I can do it!  I've always wanted to do a trip like this, it's an experience of a lifetime and definitely fits into my theme for 2015!!  It would be a 3 day, 18 mile round trip, hiking and camping adventure.  You gain quite a bit of elevation but the views are sick!! 


I'm going to start training by continuing with my strength and interval workouts, as well as getting outside to do some walking, hiking and soon .... the stairs!  My goal is to start hiking at least once per week, so I can build my endurance and then do the stairs 1-2 times per week.  And when I say stairs, I mean stairs!  The Seattle area even has it's own book hello!!


I'm looking for others that want to set stretch goals too, so we can hold each other accountable!  What do you say?  Is there something you've always wanted to do, but just don't know where to start or just haven't started?  Let's do something epic together! Email me at heatherchristine312@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment